Business Office Manager
Mirabella Seattle, a part of Pacific Retirement Services, is a beautiful not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in the heart of downtown Seattle.
What you’ll be doing:
You will oversee the daily activities of the Business Office related to Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cash Receipts (CM) and Payroll (PR) as well as provide assistance to the Executive Director and Department Directors in coordination with the central office accounting team.
How you’ll do it:
- Distribute invoices to centralized area and assist Department Directors in accurate coding,
- Enter invoice information and scan invoice into AOD system. Totals batches, have Executive Director approve and mail to central office in accordance with check run schedule.
- Review all vendor statements. Intercept all vendor calls and inquiries.
- Review all invoices for possible resident charges. Send to central office accounts receivable team to review for accuracy prior to entering into AOD.
- Handle sensitive billing issues with resident population or authorized representative of resident, insurance providers and medical care providers.
- Enter all charges to residents as it relates to the Resident Billing module. Complete resident statement processing, handle sensitive billing issues, and make collection attempts.
- Distribute and balance petty cash on a daily basis for reimbursement of expenses, cash handling from dining and concierge including monitoring and verifying accuracy of till amounts/counts, replenish petty cash supply when necessary.
- Balance daily cashier log at end of month and daily deposits submitted to PRS for reconciliation to General Ledger.
- Print and distribute financial drafts to Executive Director and Department Directors. Assist with variance reports and budget process. Provide pertinent information to the Accounting Manager for preparation of all financial reports.
- Promote operational efficiency and ensure that the accounting payroll transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, internal control and other regulations.
- Attend meetings, distribute medical deduction letters to residents, provide information for audits, and assist with adding new vendor credit applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Education Tuition Scholarship Program
- 6 paid national holidays (incentive pay if working a holiday)
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual (based on hours worked)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance (Full Time Employment 30+ hours/week)
- Annual employee appreciation bonus
- Employee referral program
- Career-centered opportunity for advancement
- Wellness center: fitness and pool
- Additional Floating holiday (after one-year)
- Employee recognition programs (VIP of month, free lunch/latte, etc.)
- ORCA bus pass or offsite garage parking, company subsidized
- Discount on meals and free meal if working a holiday
- 4% 401(k) match - Based on Eligibility
- Flexible Spending Plan (up to $2750 per plan year, Dependent Care $5000)
*Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment*