Capitol Lakes, a beautiful and vibrant Continuing Care Retirement Community located a block off the capitol square in downtown Madison, is currently seeking a part-time Activity Assistant to help cover weekend Activities needs (as well as some additional needs during the week and on holidays.) This fun and rewarding role will assist the Activity Coordinator in implementation of therapeutic activity and life enrichment programs. You will also support volunteers and lead holistically designed activity programs that support person centered care philosophy and a high level of care.
Work Schedule: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; every other weekend plus occasional holidays and weekday shifts as needed.
What You Will Do:
- Provide residents with individualized and group activities that include; social activities, gross motor activities, arts and crafts, sensory enhancement, education, outdoor activities, and self-care practice.
- Assist in community-wide special events or functions and coordinate programs with outside community organizations that support resident activity enrichment.
- Facilitate volunteer recruitment and training from within the campus and the community at large.
- Be available to residents when they need assistance with recreation activities. Provide spontaneous recreation activities when need arises.
- Attend admissions interviews and/or care conference meetings as necessary and as directed by Activities Coordinator. Provide related recommendations when appropriate.
- Understand personalized needs of each resident and regularly review care plans to ensure activity planning is in alignment with resident population’s needs and interests.
- Complete various administration tasks such as maintaining documentation of all recreational activities in the department, distributing activity calendars to residents and posting schedule publicly, delivering and assisting in opening of mail when necessary, keeping activity rooms neat and tidy, and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Provide direct care to residents as needed and in your scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
What You Need:
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in recreation therapy or a related field.
- Working knowledge in gerontology, dementia, physiology and anatomy, and/or recreation therapy.
- Current and valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification is preferred.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, team building skills, and/or leadership skills.
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
What Capitol Lakes Offers You
- Subsidized Medical/Dental/Vision (benefit eligible only)
- Now offering PayActiv (daily pay option)
- Group life insurance (benefit eligible only)
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-contributed retirement plan
- Discounted on-site meals
- Educational Reimbursement program
- Access to on-site state of the art fitness center w/pool
- Free Employee Wellness classes
- Employer paid Life Assistance Program
- Discounted downtown parking
- Discounted bus passes