The Rogue Valley Manor, Medford’s premier retirement community is seeking a Wellness Assistant. Rogue Valley Manor is Southern Oregon’s only Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). Its expansive campus sits atop Barneburg Hill and is home to nearly 1000 residents. Nestled between Centennial Golf Club and its own Quail Point Golf Course, the community boasts 600 accommodations (cottages, apartments, and free standing homes), 3 dining rooms, a bistro, state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, tennis courts, craft & hobby rooms, woodshop, dog park and community gardens. As a CCRC, Rogue Valley Manor’s residents enjoy the peace of mind knowing that, should their health care needs change over time, a complete continuum of health care options and support services are available right on campus.
What you’ll be doing:
You will assist in planning and conducting all recreational and fitness programs for Independent Living.
How you’ll do it:
- Conduct activities in Independent Living areas.
- Comply with safety standards and proper care and use of equipment.
- Encourage resident participation at all programs by conducting exercise classes that will motivate residents.
- Provide one-on-one personal training orientations and continued appointments for residents. Document fitness activity and goals of residents.
- Work with Wellness team to create and produce promotional literature, events, and activities.
- Assist with developing fitness program calendar that meets residents’ needs and desires.
- Teach wellness and fitness classes in different types of physical activity and expertise to provide variety of options to residents.
- Attend conferences and meetings pertaining to the Wellness Department mission.
- Ensure the fitness areas are neat and tidy at the conclusion of programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in fitness, physical education, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy, physical education, or a related field is preferred.
- Working knowledge in gerontology, dementia, physiology and anatomy, and/or recreation therapy.
- Knowledge of fitness room equipment and exercise machines and the proper use thereof to successfully and safely assist residents
- Valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification is preferred.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, team building skills and/or leadership skills.
- Career-centered opportunity for advancement.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
- 4% 401(k) match (after one-year/1000 hours).
- Employer funded defined contribution plan.
- Flexible Spending Plan (up to $2750 per plan year, Dependent Care $5000).
- Discount on meals.
- 2 weeks’ vacation per year and sick time accrual (based on hours worked).
- Additional Floating holiday (after one-year).
- 6 paid national holidays.
- Employee recognition programs Education Tuition Scholarship program.
- Employee referral program.
- Wellness center: fitness and pool.
*Help us keep our seniors safe! Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.