Mirabella Seattle, a part of Pacific Retirement Services, is a beautiful not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in the heart of downtown Seattle. We have a 46 bed SNF (5 star rated) located on the second floor and accepts Medicare, HMO, and Private Insurance patients. Outside of our SNF and AL floors, Mirabella is home to more than 290 IL residents who enjoy a high-end resort style living experience. We have an elegant private dining room and a casual cafe on site complete with stunning views of downtown Seattle. Many of our menu items are made from a scratch kitchen with the customer experience in mind. We strive to keep our menus fresh by making frequent changes and offering nightly dinner specials.
The Director of Dining Services position is a great opportunity to oversee all aspects of the food and beverage operation within our resort-style senior living community in Seattle, WA (see our community description below). Areas of accountability for this role include—but are not limited to—both back-of-house and front-of-house operations for upscale and casual full-service restaurants, the campus catering program, and our health center that delivers a high-level dining experience for all levels of healthcare typical in our industry. The Director of Dining Services will provide strong leadership expertise and will drive the continued development of all team members in a collaborative, caring, efficient, and strategic manner. This position will oversee and direct approximately 100 team members in offering an exemplary dining experience for more than 200 seniors and a large number of guests. Direct subordinates include: the Executive Chef, Dining Room Manager, Nutritional Services Manager, and the Catering Manager. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Specific responsibilities, areas of accountability, and duties may include but are not limited to the following minimal expectations:
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including mornings, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Management of all fiscal resources with a full P&L understanding in order to manage monthly and annual budgets - including but not limited to, food expense, labor expense, and other department supplies.
- Strong, influential, leadership ability that involves developing and implementing policy, initiatives, department systems, resource management, and the establishment of operational objectives for the dining team.
- The providing of strategic analysis and input relating to the dining operation to the Executive Director and other leadership peers, with regard to program initiatives involving all business needs, team-building, and company customer service expectations.
- Ability to establish priorities, perform effectively under pressure, and complete projects on-time and within established company goals.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including both verbal and written.
- The ability to recruit, interview, hire, manage, delegate, and effectively supervise the performance of others, including setting and meeting performance goals, conducting performance appraisals, implementing established coaching techniques and corrective action.
- Ability to lead and provide training for dining leadership and frontline team members.
- Meeting regularly with residents, family members, and the Dining Services Committee to confirm that high customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Ensuring that all food preparation areas, storage, and service areas are operated in-accordance with company standards and within state and/or local health code regulations.
- Assisting back- and front-of-house operations as needed, including but not limited to the ability to proficiently assist within all work areas of the dining rooms and kitchens, when needed.
- Ensuring that all staff use and maintain equipment properly to avoid equipment damage, costly repairs, and an unsafe work environment.
- Ensuring that purchasing standards are maintained and that GPO (Group Purchasing Organization)-approved vendors are used at all times. Maintaining strong and positive relationships with all vendors.
- Planning, preparation, and execution of special events, catered events, and themed meals.
- Polished leadership and emotional intelligence skills, including the ability to consistently remain focused and disciplined during all situations involving team members, residents, and guests.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and evaluating how to incorporate these into the dining experience we provide for our residents and guests.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience as a Director of Dining Services, Food and Beverage Director, or equivalent in resorts, large-scale restaurants, hotels, country clubs, and/or Senior Living Communities (CCRC preferred).
- Full service multi-venue food and beverage management and leadership experience
- Proven experience in team building, including leading, developing, and influencing staff.
- Culinary or Hospitality Management Degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have outstanding people skills, with the ability to not only communicate but to connect with others.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law.
- Advanced knowledge of dietary/Nutritional needs is desirable, but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows , Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High level of energy and passion with a strong ability to inspire individuals to achieve superior results for themselves and our organization.
- Creative, critical, and outside-the-norm, thinking skills in order to provide an outstanding and unique dining experience for our residents and guests.
About Mirabella Seattle
Mirabella Seattle (MBS) is a high-end retirement resort located in the heart of downtown Seattle. We have an elegant private dining room and a casual cafe on site complete with stunning views of downtown Seattle. Many of our menu items are made from a scratch kitchen with the customer experience in mind. We strive to keep our menus fresh by making frequent changes and offering nightly dinner specials. Mirabella Seattle offers an excellent low stress environment for Culinary Professionals.