What you’ll be doing:
Rogue Valley Manor has an incredible opportunity for a rock star leader to head our healthcare team as the Director of Nursing. We are seeking an energetic, organized, and compassionate leader. You will oversee all health programs and services in the Health Center. You hold primary responsibility and accountability of directing day-to-day functioning of nursing practices in compliance with current rules and procedures while adhering to established regulations and guidelines that govern skilled nursing and CCRCs. Working with the Health Center Administrator in establishing policies and procedures in regard to health services. Managing, cheerleading and collaborating with an amazing multidisciplinary team.
The Rogue Valley Manor:
At The Rogue Valley Manor, we have fostered a workplace culture of professional and personal growth, while working in an environment where resident and employee health and happiness matter. We work together as a collaborative team made up of caregivers, nursing leaders, and administrative staff. This role provides the opportunity to work with residents and families, and to provide comfort doing meaningful work every day. Come join our mission of providing care to seniors in an continuing care environment at Rogue Valley Manor!
- Career-centered opportunity for advancement.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
- 4% 401(k) match (after one-year/1000 hours).
- Employer funded defined contribution plan.
- Flexible Spending Plan (up to $2750 per plan year, Dependent Care $5000).
- Discount on meals.
- Two weeks’ vacation per year and sick time accrual (based on hours worked).
- Additional Floating holiday (after one-year).
- 6 paid national holidays.
- Employee recognition programs Education Tuition Scholarship program.
- Employee referral program.
- Wellness center: fitness and pool.
Some Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for:
- The implementation of Health Center and patient care policies
- Nursing services in the Health Center
- Clinical staffing the Health Center
- Supporting the continued skill development of clinical staff by supporting educational opportunities
- Ensuring continuous quality improvement and oversight of medication and treatment administration in collaboration with consultant pharmacist
- Work with:
- Clinical care team of licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants in the areas of patient care planning and nursing actions
- Medical Director and/or appropriate physician in overall patient care
- Care Managers and Social Services in assessment of health, psycho social, rehabilitation and environmental needs of patients
- Assure that:
- Health programs and services comply with federal and state regulations and guide corrective action when applicable
- Quality patient care is maintained
- Medical Record Audit program is in place and being adhered to assure accuracy and completeness
- Prevention programs are in place such as Hepatitis B, CPR, PPD testing etc.
- Nursing Services in the Health Center
- HC Housekeeping program
What We Need From You:
- Passion, dedication, and a desire to do the best for our residents and team-members daily.
- A collaborative nature, and strong leadership skills.
- A. or B.S. degree in nursing or related field and/or two to three (2-3) years of supervisory work in a healthcare environment.
- Registered Nursing license (RN) from accredited nursing program, college or university.
- Must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding the operation of a health care facility as well as OSHA regulations.
- Current and valid CPR and first aid certification. Certification will be required within six (6) months of filling position.