Capitol Lakes, a beautiful and vibrant Continuing Care Retirement Community located a block off the capitol square in downtown Madison, is currently seeking a full-time Evening Maintenance Tech position to assist with promoting a culture of customer service on the Capitol Lakes campus by proactively performing maintenance, repairs, and improvements to our four buildings and equipment.
This position is eligible for a $500 Sign On Bonus!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Evenings (2:30-11:00 p.m.) Weekend rotation every other weekend. No on-call requirements. This position is eligible for a $500 Sign-On Bonus. Evening/PM shift differential offered.
Along with general maintenance, repairs and improvement projects within our community, the Maintenance Tech must have the ability to problem solve and work independently in the completion of work orders and as part of a team are key. Must also have the ability to work successfully with an elderly population is an important part of this and every position at Capitol Lakes. Primary duties include (but not limited to):
- Major and minor inspections and maintenance, repairs general electrical, general plumbing, HVAC, lighting, hardware, TV, locks, safety systems and pest control
Inspections, maintenance, and repairs of and to the campus lock, entry systems, doors, and related hardware
- Assists with minor repairs and basic maintenance to buildings, structures, interiors and exteriors throughout the campus facility in a timely and orderly fashion
- Repairs, and maintains maintenance equipment, tool and supplies, as well as provides or arranges for completion of emergency repairs to facilities and equipment as needed
- Works with contractors and directs as needed for improvements, repairs, and maintenance of the fire prevention system including fire extinguishers, sprinklers systems, stand pipes and hydrants in and around the outside of the building
- Responsible for or assists with basic snow and ice removal and general building and grounds safety under various weather conditions. Operation of snow removal equipment as needed
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Tech (or similar role) is helpful but not required. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are looking to gain experience and grow in the Maintenance/Facilities industry.
- Preferred candidates will have some experience and knowledge working with electrical, plumbing, small appliance and general building repair and familiarity in the operation, repair and maintenance of shop equipment and tools. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong initiative, attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service.
Capitol Lakes offers a fun, friendly and safe work environment for our staff and we offer an awesome and comprehensive benefits package, including subsidized medical/dental/vision, paid holidays, robust retirement plan, employee discounts and many others!
Consider joining our awesome team at Capitol Lakes and APPLY TODAY!