About the Company:
Trinity Terrace is a beautiful and highly reputable Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that has been serving Fort Worth seniors for more than 100 years. We offer exceptional care and support in various areas such as Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing and we are very proud of our history, our established reputation for excellence, and our community’s long-standing financial stability.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a skilled, outgoing and professional Accounts Payable Specialist/Bookkeeper Assistant to maintain and process the daily activities and transactions of the Accounting Department related to accounts payable and cash disbursements for Trinity Terrace.
What You Will Do:
- Receive, review, and verify invoices by checking discrepancies and routing invoices to department managers for approval. Record all approved invoices for payment, research and clear aged invoices in the Accounts Payable system
- Ensure proper delivery of checks and check registers by managing distribution and filing. Review outstanding A/P checks for facility monthly to ensure unclaimed property is accounted for correctly.
- Maintain all tax information for vendors. Review all vendor statements and request any outstanding invoices.
- Create and maintain an appropriate filing system for internal control and external audit purposes.
- Review outstanding vendor statements for past due invoice.
- Process expense reimbursement to employees.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all A/P operating systems.
- Responsible for all other accounts payable and reports as assigned by the Business Manager.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to serve and assist various levels of customers for Trinity Terrace, including residents and their families
- Strong initiative and ability to be resourceful
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures
- A minimum of 2 years' experience processing accounts payable is preferred. Previous experience in a role with heavy accounts payable volume is high desired.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Excel. Knowledge of accounting systems is preferred. Knowledge or experience using PointClickCare is a plus.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a senior living environment or related industry
- Previous experience in a role with heavy accounts payable volume is a plus!
What Trinity Terrace Offers You:
- Competitive wages. Eligibility for performance-based salary increase after 90 days of employment
- Employee Scholarship Program
- Discounted Meals at in-house restaurants
- Promote from within culture
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Use of on-site gym and library
- Holiday, sick leave and vacation pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (90% of employee monthly premium covered by TTR)
- Robust retirement plan, including dollar for dollar matching up to 4% into 401k account after 1st year