University Retirement Community is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in Davis, California. Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change. Looking for a great place to work? University Retirement Community is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing:
You are primarily responsible for the clinical education of staff working in the department. Your duties will include the orientation and training of nursing staff and the implementation and facilitation of development and education programs. This position also acts as the manager of the Infection Control program, and will oversee wellness needs of our residents and staff as it relates to infection control and COVID-19.
- (1) One (1) year of experience as a nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility in addition to one (1) year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing; or (2) Two years of full time experience as a nurse, at least one year of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility.
- Within six (6) months of employment and prior to teaching a certification program, the Director of Staff Development or Instructor shall obtain a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing and evaluation educational programs in nursing.
- Experience in home care management or nursing, infection control, or a related field is preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license from an accredited program, school or university.
- Knowledge of the reporting process with the Department of Health regarding the National Health Safety Network (NHSN).
- Valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification. (AZ: Basic Life Support and Food Handler’s card also required.)
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Adept at Microsoft Office.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and vision for full-time employees.
- Employee parking lot
- 401k with company match
- Additional employer assisted retirement fund
- Employee meals
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Time
*Pre-employment testing includes drug testing, fingerprint background check, reference checks, TB test and physical examination.