Mirabella at ASU, a modern, upscale retirement community in downtown Tempe, is seeking an experienced Assistant Nutritional Services Manager to help help drive success in Nutritional Services by continually developing, mentoring, and holding accountable the Nutritional Services team. Consider being a part of the new team at Mirabella at ASU and APPLY TODAY!
What You Will Do
- Ensuring accountability and Core Values are woven into the culture of your department at all times, whether or not you are physically present at the community.
- Work with the Nutritional Services Manager to continually analyze and engage all members of the Nutritional Services team for both strengths and improvement opportunities regarding mindset, task, and competency related skills and abilities. Ensure those on the team are well suited to the team and their role.
- Build relationships with both staff and residents by empathizing and assuming positive intent; through care and compassion, communicate genuinely and transparently - striving to win people over.
- Maintain your leadership presence with your team and in any areas of the health center where food is prepared and/or served through the direction of the Nutritional Services Manager.
- Work with the Nutritional Services Manager to continually refine and implement all Nutritional Services standardized practices.
- Use MealTracker software to prepare menus, tray tickets, tally sheets, production sheets, and other reports needed for meal service.
- Support the Nutritional Services Manager in ensuring that all standardized Nutritional Services food safety and sanitation best practices are in place consistently, including but not limited to the utilization/accuracy of federally-mandated temperature, production and sanitation logs and proper food storage, rotation, labeling and dating.
- In the absence of or together with the Nutritional Services Manager, conduct daily pre-service huddles for all assigned meal periods, to include training and motivational/positive talking points.
- Support the Nutritional Services Manager in providing progressive coaching/counseling in accordance with your Human Resources Director’s guidance in order to hold staff members accountable for all standardized practices and expectations set forth by you, your community, and PRS.
- Ensure all newly hired and transitioned Nutritional Services staff are trained in accordance with a consistent and effective training process/program.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Three (3) to four (4) years’ leadership experience within a healthcare and hospitality-focused environment; to include senior living environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Current Food Handler's card
- ServSafe certification or pursuit of the certification once beginning employment.
What Mirabella at ASU Offers You
- A beautiful and friendly work environment with a dynamic team
- A robust benefit package with medical, dental, vision coverage
- Employee and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Reimbursement assistance for public transit to work
- Paid Life Insurance
- Robust and competitive 401(k) matching retirement plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Free access to our on-site fitness center and pool
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Mirabella at ASU is directly located on the ASU-Tempe college campus which provide a highly attractive work location with nearby options for activities and dining venues