Capitol Lakes, a beautiful and vibrant Continuing Care Retirement Community located a block off the capitol square in downtown Madison, is currently seeking a part-time Memory Support Specialist/Resident Care Assistant to provide person-centered, individualized, direct care to residents in the facility and promote resident wellbeing and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Work Schedule: 6:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m./7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Part-time. Days vary. Must have flexibility to work weekend and holiday shifts.
What You Will Do
- Assist residents as needed in all activities of daily living, using guidelines as set forth in the Service Plan.
- Communicate with residents, families and team members effectively and be able to individualize communication to accommodate resident specific needs.
- Document all completed tasks and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as soon as possible. Observe residents and report changes immediately to the Memory Care Coordinator or designee.
- Complete assigned duties such as, but not limited to; showers, socialization time with residents, mealtime duties, maintaining neat resident spaces, medication administration, replenishing supplies, providing clean linen, and transporting residents to appointments.
- Monitor resident activity, food intake, functional status, psychosocial status and take action as necessary to promote resident wellbeing. Report status changes immediately to supervisor.
- Participate on the resident care team by identifying personal preferences of residents, maintaining the highest achievable level of functioning, and informing nursing leadership with critical information.
- Assist with medication administration as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Will Need
- Current CNA certification is highly desired
- Current and valid CPR and first aid certification
- One (1) year of experience in a nursing home or senior living facility is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and clinical software systems.
- You will be required to complete and maintain certification in the Halcyon Memory Support Program
Capitol Lakes offers a fun, friendly and safe work environment for our staff and we offer an awesome and comprehensive benefits package, including subsidized medical/dental/vision, PayActiv (daily pay option), paid holidays, robust retirement plan, employee discounts and many others!