Full Time Lead Server - Nutritional Services
Mirabella Portland has a job opening for a Lead Server in our health center. Great opportunity for an entry level leadership position. A minimum of 1 year prior experience in this type of role is preferred.
Who we are:
Mirabella Portland (MBP) is a high end retirement community located in the heart of SW Waterfront, in one of Portland’s fastest developing neighborhoods. At Mirabella we’re looking for people who are passionate about serving our residents and making a difference in their lives. Working in our Health Care Center you will be a part of our Nutritional Services team connecting with each resident, learning their preferences/diets to create a positive experience with their meal. This position is a perfect way to open the doors to the health care field of dining. Learning diet modifications, and preferences are key to enriching the lives of those that we serve.
- Delegating specific duties to other staff members to ensure that all items needed for meals are prepared at the time needed.
- In the absence of the Nutritional Services Manager, you will assume responsibility of your assigned dining rooms and serveries, including leadership of Nutritional Services staff, food safety/sanitation, and resident dining experience.
- You will adhere to and help ensure adherence to all established Dining Services policies and procedures. include greeting residents and guests as well as assisting with our multi-course "person centered" style of meal service. Supports activities department with special catered events, acting as a food-runner or a re-setter as needed, keeps tables maintained and assists other servers and staff as needed.
- Conduct daily pre-service huddles for all assigned meal periods
- Use of computer programs to prepare menus, tray tickets, tally sheets, production sheets, and other reports needed for meal service
- This is a non-tipped position.
- Now offering PayActiv (daily pay option)
- Free monthly TriMet pass
- Scholarship opportunities
- 401k with company match
- Employee meals
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Benefits
- Mirabella pays 90% of employee’s monthly premium
- Mirabella pays 50% of dependent(s) monthly premium
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free 24 hour access to fitness/gym & pool facilities
Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.