Mirabella at ASU, a new and modern, upscale retirement community in downtown Tempe, is seeking a full-time Building Engineer to perform maintenance and highly specialized repairs or improvements to the community building(s) and equipment.
What You Will Do
The Building Engineer will perform major & minor inspections and maintenance as well as repairs of general electrical, general plumbing, lighting, hardware, locks and safety systems. Will also perform inspection, maintenance and repairs of and to the campus lock, entry systems, doors and related hardware. The Building Engineer will provide emergency repairs to facilities and equipment as needed, including all major Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) assets. Successful candidates will have excellent customer services skills and possess a natural desire to seek out quality improvement while using feedback from supervisors, peers and customers to achieve continuous quality improvement goals.
- Formal training or certification in locksmithing, MEP, HVAC and/or general building repair.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in engineering, maintenance, MEP, HVAC or a related field.
- Skills in operation, repair and maintenance of shop equipment and tools. Knowledge of chemicals used in Maintenance departments.
- Knowledge of telephone, TV and computer systems.
- Ability to read and understand labels. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communication.
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement prior to employment.
What Mirabella at ASU Offers You
- A beautiful and friendly work environment with a dynamic team
- A robust benefit package with medical, dental, vision coverage
- Employee and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Reimbursement assistance for public transit to work
- Paid Life Insurance
- Robust and competitive 401(k) matching retirement plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Free access to our on-site fitness center and pool
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Mirabella at ASU is directly located on the ASU-Tempe college campus which provide a highly attractive work location with nearby options for activities and dining venues