Looking for a great place to work? University Retirement Community is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in Davis, California. Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change. At University Retirement Community, we have fostered a workplace culture of professional and personal growth, while working in an environment where resident and employee health and happiness matter. We work together as a collaborative team made up of caregivers, nursing leaders, and administrative staff. Potential applicants should be genuinely committed to enriching the lives of seniors under their care. Come join our mission of providing care to seniors in an continuing care environment!
What you’ll be doing:
You will assist in planning and conducting all recreational and fitness programs for Independent Living.
How you’ll do it:
- Conduct activities in Independent Living areas.
- Comply with safety standards and proper care and use of equipment.
- Encourage resident participation at all programs by conducting exercise classes that will motivate residents.
- Provide one-on-one personal training orientations and continued appointments for residents. Document fitness activity and goals of residents.
- Work with Wellness team to create and produce promotional literature, events, and activities.
- Assist with developing fitness program calendar that meets residents’ needs and desires.
- Teach wellness and fitness classes in different types of physical activity and expertise to provide variety of options to residents.
- Attend conferences and meetings pertaining to the Wellness Department mission.
- Ensure the fitness areas are neat and tidy at the conclusion of programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in fitness, physical education, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy, physical education, or a related field is preferred.
- Working knowledge in gerontology, dementia, physiology and anatomy, and/or recreation therapy.
- Knowledge of fitness room equipment and exercise machines and the proper use thereof to successfully and safely assist residents
- Valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification is preferred.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, team building skills and/or leadership skills.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and vision for full-time employees.
- Employee parking lot
- 401k with company match
- Additional employer assisted retirement fund
- Employee meals
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Time
*Pre-employment testing includes drug testing, fingerprint background check, reference checks, TB test and physical examination.