Capitol Lakes, a vibrant and beautiful senior living community located in the heart of downtown Madison, is currently seeking a friendly and energetic team member to serve as a full-time Driver to provide driving services to residents and guests of the community in an effort to promote a progressive customer service model.
Work Schedule: Sunday-Friday (Days). Must have availability to cover driver needs/requests on Sunday mornings.
What You Will Do
- Drive residents to physician appointments.
- Drive passenger bus for scheduled outings and events.
- Operate wheel chair lift on vehicles so equipped.
- Maintain interior cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance and service on transportation vehicles, especially related to safety of vehicle.
- Inspect vehicles to check for any malfunctions or deficiencies and report immediately.
- Assists residents in and out of all vehicles, loads and unloads walkers and wheelchairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Requires exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Previous experience as a driver in a healthcare or hospitality setting is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and insurable by the Capitol Lakes insurance carrier. Must maintain minimum eligibility requirements on driving record.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) class A, B, or C and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical certificate is preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in driving cars and/or buses, transportation services or a related field.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification is preferred.
- Ability to proficiently speak, read, and write the English language
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
What Capitol Lakes Offer You
- Subsidized Medical/Dental/Vision
- Now offering PayActiv (daily pay option)
- Group life insurance
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-contributed retirement plan
- Discounted on-site meals
- Educational Reimbursement program
- Access to on-site state of the art fitness center w/pool
- Free Employee Wellness classes
- Employer paid Life Assistance Program
- Discounted downtown parking
- Discounted bus passes