About the Position:
Mirabella at ASU is excited to identify compassionate and experienced RNs to provide quality person-centered care and nursing services for our residents in our Skilled Nursing & Memory Support areas at Mirabella at ASU.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Days 7a-7:30 p (12 hours shifts)
What You Will Do:
- Delegate and assign appropriate tasks to team members while working closely with them to ensure accountability, communication,and effective team work.
- Supervise and support assigned staff. This includes follow through on Service Plans, skin checks, completion of care, prevention of falls, care plans, etc.
- Manage medication and treatment administration for an assigned group of residents.
- Identify, gather and report changes in resident conditions as well as document findings, notify physician and responsible party and will create a resident-specific and person-centered Service Plan to address
- Receive, transcribe and review physician orders for accuracy, including reconciliation of all medications and controlled substances
- Responsible for directing the admission of new residents and maintaining and promoting resident rights, privacy and dignity.
- Review 24hr report and other pertinent nursing documentation from previous shifts. Identify areas requiring action and follow up as needed.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs and department in-services.
- Be constantly aware of safety and follow up on identified risks. Respond to emergency calls on campus per protocol. Able to prioritize and adapt during emergent situations.
- Initiate and complete incident reports for any accidents, medication errors, emergency situations, etc.
- Assist team members with direct care as needed.
- Supervise, assist and implement infection control measure and prevention to insure compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What you’ll need:
- Compassion and strong desire to serve the senior population
- Excellent communicate skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Current Arizona license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) gained from completion of an accredited nursing program, college, or university
- Previous nursing experience preferred but not required. Graduate nurses welcome to apply!
- Nursing experience in a skilled nursing and/or long term care setting
- Demonstrated understanding of functions, organization, policy, regulations and proceduresof a long-term care/skilled nursing facility.
- Current and valid CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Must be able to successfully pass fingerprint clearance
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
What Mirabella ASU offers you:
- A beautiful and friendly work environment with a dynamic team
- A robust benefit package with medical, dental, vision coverage
- Employee and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Reimbursement assistance for public transit to work
- Paid Life Insurance
- Robust and competitive 401(k) matching retirement plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Free access to our on-site fitness center and pool
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Mirabella at ASU is directly located on the ASU-Tempe college campus which provide a highly attractive work location with nearby options for activities and dining venues