Cascade Manor is a non-profit, 5 star rated, Continuing Care Retirement Community in Eugene with independent living, in-home care, and skilled nursing. At Cascade Manor, we have fostered a workplace culture of professional and personal growth, while working in an environment where health and happiness matter. We work together as a collaborative team made up of caregivers, nursing leaders, and administrative staff. Potential applicants should be genuinely committed to enriching the lives of seniors under their care. Come join our mission of providing excellent care to seniors at Cascade Manor!
What you’ll be doing:
You will oversee the daily activities of the Business Office related to Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Cash Receipts (CM) as well as provide assistance to the Executive Director and Department Directors in coordination with the central office accounting team.
- Help us keep our seniors safe. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
- Enter all accounts payable invoices to be processed twice monthly.
- Perform all aspects of accounts receivable, including but not limited to: resident billing, Medicare/insurance billings, statement processing and cash receipts. Includes handling sensitive billing issues with resident population.
- Enter in admissions, process daily census and payer information provided.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to obtain accurate information for billing
How you’ll do it:
- Distribute invoices to centralized area and assist Department Directors in accurate coding,
- Enter invoice information and scans invoice into AOD system. Total batches, have Executive Director approve and coordinate with the central office in accordance with check run schedule.
- Review all vendor statements. Intercept all vendor calls and inquiries.
- Review all invoices for possible resident charges. Send to central office accounts receivable team to review for accuracy prior to entering into AOD
- Enter all charges to Patient Billing as it relates to the 1st/3rd billing module including but not limited to: Medicare/insurance billings, Health Center resident statement processing, daily cash receipts posting and deposits.
- Handle sensitive billing issues with resident population or authorized representative of resident, insurance providers and medical care providers.
- Process all charges in relation to resident billing which may include, therapy, lab, x-ray, pharmacy, dining, maintenance connection, and all other miscellaneous charges incurred by the resident. Review all resident bills to verify all charges are captured. Monitor AR aging and reporting any potential problems.
- Enter all charges to residents as it relates to the Resident Billing module. Complete resident statement processing, handle sensitive billing issues, and make collection attempts.
- Enter all admissions, discharges and census changes for the community. Review census for all levels of care in the facility including IL, AL and HC prior to billing to verify accuracy.
- Distribute and balance petty cash on a daily basis for reimbursement of expenses, cash handling from dining and concierge including monitoring and verifying accuracy of till amounts/counts, replenish petty cash supply when necessary.
- Balance daily cashier log at end of month and daily deposits submitted to PRS for reconciliation to General Ledger. Maintain and complete the cash management workbook.
- Print and distribute financial drafts to Executive Director and Department Directors. Assist with variance reports and budget process. Provide pertinent information to the Accounting Manager for preparation of all financial reports.
- Attend meetings, distribute medical deduction letters to residents, provide information for audits, and assist with adding new vendor credit applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Full-Time Benefits package can include:
- Medical (90% of monthly premium paid by us), dental, vision
- 401(k) with match
- Holiday, sick leave, and vacation pay
- One free meal per shift
- Monthly bus pass
- Complimentary access to fitness center and indoor pool
- Discounted services - fitness trainer and massage
- A great team, stable leadership, and a positive work environment
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program and more