Community Volunteer Network, a division of PRS, is a not-for-profit 501(c) organization serving seniors in Southern Oregon. The Community Volunteer Network is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and retain volunteers and provide coordination of the Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) in Klamath County, Oregon.
This part-time position is 8 hrs. per week.
The position hours are flexible in order to meet with and recruit volunteers. It is expected this person will conduct most of their work outreaching to the community, while a small portion of the administrative work can be conducted from home.
- Recruit, retain and place program volunteers at volunteer stations.
- Coordinate the development of new volunteer station sites.
- Maintain a workable system for registering, orienting, processing, and placing volunteers.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff at volunteer station sites.
- Conduct new volunteer trainings, as well as monthly in-service volunteer meetings.Coordinate volunteer assignments and activities. Work with designated volunteer station staff to ensure appropriate training is provided to volunteers in their assignments.
- Provide support to participating Foster Grandparent Program volunteers.
- Conduct, and or assist with, volunteer recognition events, functions, and other special projects as requested by director.
- Attend meetings and/or make presentations, i.e., United Way of Klamath Basin, as requested by director.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must have well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Must possess skills and experience in independent problem solving. Must have experience in working with diverse people in a variety of situations. Computer and Microsoft Office skills necessary. Must have strong interpersonal skills and a flexible non-judgmental approach in working with people.
At our core, we develop, build, and operate communities filled with friendly neighbors, interesting activities, inspiring conversations, delicious food, and plenty of laughter. We also share our experience and knowledge with other retirement communities who seek our management services, helping them achieve excellence and financial stability. All of this is backed by buy our Health Center teams with services that include skilled nursing, assisted living, memory care and home care. Currently we operate 12 retirement communities in 6 states. In addition we also operate a multitude of affordable housing properties as well as a community volunteer network right here in Medford, OR.