Pacific Retirement Services, a non-profit leader in the senior living/hospitality industry, is seeking a highly skilled team-oriented Senior Accountant to join our team.
* Our offices are currently closed due to COVID restrictions. Successful candidates should be available to work remotely until the office is re-opened.
Currently our team is made up of 8 accountants. Pacific Retirement Services is a multi-state, non-profit leader in the senior living industry, serving over 3,000 residents. Our corporate office in historic downtown Medford currently employs over 150 professionals to support our mission. From an accounting perspective, our corporate structure is complex in that we have 10 different business units in addition to 25 community housing locations. We have an excellent benefits package and a fun company culture that relies mainly on a promote from within philosophy when advancement opportunities are available. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 100% medical, dental & vision for staff
- 401(k) with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Vacation, sick & holiday pay
- Employer-funded life insurance
What you’ll be doing:
Pacific Retirement Services is searching for a Low Voltage Technology Engineer/Designer to join our strong, diverse team and oversee delivering projects to our senior living communities – new and planned. As part of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with service partners, contractors, operators, residents, boards, architects, consultants, and technical staff and other design team professionals to develop, document, and oversee the deployment of low voltage standards for our smart properties. This individual will report directly to the CIO.
How you’ll do it:
- Project Types: High end senior living communities, including high rises and campuses across the country.
- Develop and document low voltage standards for use in current and planned construction and renovation projects.
- Design and Drafting of low voltage floor plans. Work area outlet layout, structured cabling pathways, conduit/cable tray fill calculations, telecommunications room design, grounding/bonding, audio/visual, building automation, access control, LAN, video surveillance and nurse and emergency call systems.
- Establish PRS CAD environment and add existing drawings and all new drawings and models for all facilities into it. Coordination of CAD model/ceilings and backgrounds with architect, and responses to Request for Information from the contractors. Assembly and editing of construction specifications. Drafting of As-Built drawings for record.
- Tasks may also include riser diagrams, site inspections and punch lists, email and inter-office memorandum, report writing, submittal review, and design and construction meetings with owners, architects, and contractors. Must be familiar with or ability to learn the application of relevant codes.
- Managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success.
- Providing general supervision of technical staff, ensuring projects are completed in accordance with operator requirements and company policies and standards.
- Performing as Project Manager, as necessary.
- Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures. Create and modernize quality assurance procedures, when necessary.
- Perform Quality Control functions, when necessary, on both existing properties and new construction.
What Pacific Retirement Services Offers You:
- We pay 100% of employee’s monthly Medical/Dental/Vision premium
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday time
- 401k with match
- An additional Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field). P.E. preferred, but not required.
- RCDD Certifications preferred, or the ability to obtain it within one year.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in delivering consulting and related services to the buildings low voltage engineering profession. Familiarity with the creation of bidding documents a must. Familiarity with low voltage-related design services and National Electrical Code as well as local codes in related markets in which Pacific Retirement Services competes desirable.
- Ability to pursue and capture projects. Must be service oriented and be excited to work in a team environment. Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with employees and managers. Positive attitude and professional bearing. Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
- This position requires regular travel to Pacific Retirement Services locations. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Who We Are:
At our core, Pacific Retirement Services develops, builds, and operates communities filled with friendly neighbors, interesting activities, inspiring conversations, delicious food, and plenty of laughter. We also share our experience and knowledge with other retirement communities who seek our management services, helping them achieve excellence and financial stability. All of this is backed by our Health Center teams whose services range from skilled nursing, assisted living, and home care. Currently we own/operate 12 CCRCs in 6 states. They are as follows:
- Cascade Manor - Eugene, OR
- Rogue Valley Manor - Medford, OR
- Capitol Lakes - Madison, WI
- Holladay Park Plaza - Portland, OR
- Mirabella at ASU - Tempe, AZ
- Mirabella Seattle - Seattle, WA
- Mirabella Portland - Portland, OR
- Saratoga Retirement, Saratoga, CA
- The Meadows of Napa Valley – Napa, CA
- The Peninsula Regent - San Mateo, CA
- Trinity Terrace - Fort Worth, TX
- University Retirement Community - Davis, CA